6.30.2014

High Goals

This week has been SO FULL of MIRACLES! Seriously this whole month has really just blown me away. It is amazing to see how the Lord is working here in Nicaragua, especially in CHINANDEGA. I was so blessed to see so many miracles this month and it ended with one of the sweetest experiences of my mission. I am so grateful for the Lords patience with me and my weaknesses. I am still so amazed that He has allowed me to be a part of these ppls lives and help them get to know the true gospel.

This week Hermana Alan and I have been working so hard. We always get home exhausted! It is such a good feeling :) I love knowing I really did give the best of myself. Anyways, we have found SO MANY positive and new families. I am so excited to continue working with each one of them and help them work towards baptism and becoming an eternal family. Hermana Alan and I get along great and it is so fun learning from her. We have a lot in common and such a strong desire to see miracles this month. We have set HIGH GOALS and are determined to complete them. What I love knowing is that if we truly are obedient and give our ALL we have the Lords promise. We WILL REACH OUR GOALS. Our Heavenly Father has to complete with His promises when we complete with our part and we are determined to do it. We are striving every day to be better, be obedient and be guided by the Spirit!

We were able to work with SEVERAL new hermanas this week in divisions. We are now over 11 companionships of SISTERS! Ahh. 6 of which are training. We have a TON of new sisters in our 2 zones and in the mission as a whole. I think with in the next 2 changes EVERYBODY will be training. Presidente even put two newbies together, CRAZY. I LOVE getting to know all the new sisters and working with them. It seems like every new generation of missionaries is more prepared. Seriously the sisters outstand me. I already love them all and can’t wait for them to see the miracles here in Nicaragua. Today, while talking with them, I was remembering my first weeks in the mission and how hard they were. It was great to testify to them that the mission really is the most special experience in all the world and that their lives are going to change. I know it is hard for them right now but I can’t wait to watch them fall in Love with the mission just as I have.

I was able to work with Hermana Gamboa this week. She is from Mexico and I always love working with her. This week I learned how to ask more inspired questions from her. I loved watching her find and discern the investigators needs by asking inspired questions and then teaching them according to their needs. I was also able to work with Hermana Zepeda (also from Mexico) and Hermana Sadquic, from Guatemala. I learned LOVE from them both on how to really love those we work with. It is the greatest way to help others recognize us as Christ’s representatives. I feel so blessed to learn from the sisters every week.

Okay I know you are all dying to know about our family, Guadelupe and Fransisco. Well......... THEY WERE BAPTIZED AND MARRIED SATURDAY NIGHT! Seriously I can’t even explain how big of a miracle their baptism was. I feel extremely blessed to have been able to be a part of it. All week they had been excited and ready to be baptized. We were visiting them daily with the bishop and other members, reading the Book of Mormon together and teaching them the restored Gospel. Well Friday rolled around and when we passed by for their interview they weren’t home. Their son came running up to us and told us that their other son was deathly ill in the hospital and they had been there ALL DAY! We were SO worried for them and began praying and fasting for them immediately. Saturday we went by early in the morning and they were still in the hospital.  They don't have a cell phone so there was really nothing we could do but pray. And that is exactly what we did. We prayed and then left to work. When we returned 1 hour later Guadelupe, Fransisco and their son had returned. 1st miracle. Their son was still deathly ill though and Guadelupe was heart broken crying. We quickly called the elders over and they gave blessing to the whole family. Afterwards Guadelupe said that she knew what they needed to do was prepare for their wedding and baptism so they could receive the Lords blessings and His help. They quickly got ready and we left. 2nd miracle. As we got to the church they were greeted by almost ALL THE MEMBERS! Everyone showed up to support them and they felt so incredible. They looked beyond happy and animated to take this step. 3rd miracle. They had a BEAUTIFUL baptism service and wedding. They left feeling so loved and supported.  They are so special to me. I love this family with all my heart. I know they were chosen by God to be baptized at this time and change their lives. I can’t wait to continue helping them endure in the Gospel and prepare to be an eternal family (with their 12 CHILDREN, which we are teaching.) Thank you so much for your prayers, faith and encouragement this month and with this family. I know that God is a God of miracles. I know He listens to our prayers and answers them. This month we need to work even HARDER to see that many more miracles. And I know we can do it.

I love you guys so much!!
Love,

Hermana Kendall

P.S. This week we found the BIGGEST RAT I have ever seen in my whole life in our house! Seriously the size of a CAT. You better believe I was screaming and running around like a sissy girl.

P.p.s. I know you are all wondering how we did as a mission with our goal of 102 families this month. Well we still haven’t heard a definite number but last we heard was 99!!! AHHH. Tomorrow we have consejo and we will find out for sure. We will also put the new goal for this month. We need to start exercising the faith and praying NOW for all the families that will be baptized in JULY!

No comments:

Post a Comment