6.23.2014

Goodbyes are so HARD!

The biggest volcano in Central America is in our area!
 Really pretty and I finally took a pic.
A dog totally bit me this week! Crazy DOG!
I HATE DOGS!
Part of our District
This is the family!  I thought you would like to meet the answer to
 all our prayers.  Thanks for praying for them always.
 They will be getting married and baptized SATURDAY!

Hermana Lescaña and Ileana - Love my girls!

Teaching with Hermana Baten. MISS HER already!

 Hermana Sandra-LOVE HER!
 She is my soul sister here in Nicaragua!

This week was very strange for Hermana Baten and me. As much as she tried to not think about the fact that she was leaving it was always there in the back of her mind. She had many tiny panic attacks and we cried a lot together. I definitively wasn’t ready to see her go. The time went by WAY TOO QUICKLY! I learned so much from her and we were able to see so many miracles together.

Our last week together was FULL of miracles. As I explained before, last week was our stake conference. The conference was really incredible.  All the investigators that attended were able to receive an answer and confirmation from the spirit that this IS the true church. It was after this conference that Guadelupe decided to be baptized. She said she felt something she had never felt before and knew with all her heart that this was the only true church. Sandra was also able to receive her answer to be baptized as well! It really was a conference of miracles. I feel so grateful for the speakers, their preparation, the members and their friendship, but I am especially grateful for the Spirit that was present. It is just so evident to me that we really don’t do much in this work. It is the work of the Lord and it is His spirit that converts. The Lord just gives us the sweet privilege of being a small part and seeing the miracles.

This week I really was able to feel the spirit working through us and helping us in every aspect of the week.  I love being able to invite the spirit into peoples homes and helping them get to know their Savior Jesus Christ. The difference they can feel is so apparent and they have a desire to feel it more in their lives. I just feel so blessed to be a Representative of Jesus Christ. I am sad it is for such a short time but it is a privilege to wear Christ’s name on my chest everyday and strive to be more like Him. It is incredible that as we try to become more like Christ we are able to more fully perform our responsibilities. This week has been all about faith and prayer. I have learned so much by talking with my Heavenly Father in earnest prayer, working and then putting my faith in Him. If we are obedient, work hard and do our part we have the promise of His blessings and that is exactly what we have seen this week.

I know that God listens to us. I know it because He is listening to me. And he is responding. I love talking with my Heavenly Father every day and asking for His advice and guidance. I know He loves us and He wants me to help His children here. So I will continue to talk with Him and search for those that are ready to hear the Gospel while inviting others to come unto Christ. The Lord is answering our prayers and I can’t wait to see Guadelupe and Fransisco enter into the waters of Baptism. I know that we have to continue exercising faith and doing our part to help them. Satan is quick. But I know this is their time and they are going to be able to make this sacred covenant with their Heavenly Father.

This Sunday Rene was also able to get baptized. He is the best! He was so excited and ready for his baptize. He doesn’t really have family here, he now feels like he has a big family to help him. The Lord is hastening His work. The ppl are prepared. We just need to act as Christ would and invite our brothers and sisters to partake of the sweet fruit that we are enjoying.

Well, Hermana Baten left yesterday. It was SO hard saying goodbye to her. I pray I will be able to see her again some day. She is very dear to my heart and such a special missionary. I am forever grateful for the chance I had to work with her and learn so much. It made me sad to think some day I will have to say goodbye to Nicaragua as well. I am no where close to being ready for that day to come. The mission is my life now and I wouldn’t have it any other way!

I love you all!!
Love,
Hermana Kendall

P.S. My new companion is Hermana Alan. She is from Costa Rica and is the cutest! I know we are going to see tons of miracles together. This is her First time being TL and she has the same amount of time in the mission as I did when I became TL. I know we are going to work GREAT together and SUPER HARD! We are going to be over two zones once again. There are A LOT more sisters this time. Last change we were over 8 companionships. Now we are over 11! And 6 of them are TRAINING! So many newbies came this change. It is going to be CRAZY!

No comments:

Post a Comment