7.07.2014

Gummy Worms and a Rat

We baptized 102 FAMILIES this month!



Finally the photos of my FAMILY! I love these two with all my heart.
 They are so special and it has been incredible to see their conversion.





We put fecha with this family to during divisions.
 She kept saying we were long lost sisters because she is white!

The first week of JULY!! I say it every week but I can’t believe how quickly the time is going by. It just isn’t fair!  We were able to start off the week with Council in Managua. Where we learned that we had accomplished the goal of 102 FAMILIES!!! WHAT A MIRACLE. It was so fun being able to hear the miracles that all the missionaries were able to see this past month. The Lord really carried us through the trials and challenges and blessed us with such an incredible miracle. We were able to evaluate what things we did well and how we are going to continue baptizing EVERY WEEK!

This week we also were able to do divisions with two new missionaries. 9 new sisters came this change and it is going to be a blast working with them all. It was so fun seeing their faith and desire to learn. It reminded me so much of when I was starting the mission. I know I have already said it but the missionaries are coming more and more prepared every time. The Lord really is hastening His work and He can see the potential of this mission. He is sending the best of the bests. I worked with Hermana Reyes who has 1 week in the mission. We had a great time putting fechas. She had told me that she had a little bit of fear to put fechas so we made the goal to invite EVERY CONTACT to be baptized. It was fun to see her grow and improve throughout the day. I know they are going to see countless miracles in their area.

I was also lucky enough to do divisions with Hermana Raymond, the TL in Managua. I learned SO MUCH FROM HER! She is an incredible missionary and we felt such a special spirit through out the day. (I was also shocked at how much COOLER Managua is than Chinandega. I was a little Cold! What the??) I loved learning how to teach more simply and powerfully. She teaches with a great love and power. We were able to put fechas, find news and commit ppl to change their lives. I always love learning from the other hermanas and then applying those things in my work.

Hermana Alan and I weren’t able to work many days together but the days that we did have together were AWESOME!! Chinandega has been RIDICULOUSLY HOT this week and I am burnt to a crisp but it has all been worth it because of the experiences we have had. Every day we have been finding positive families that want to change their lives. We can see that the Lord really is putting ppl in our path and we are doing EVERYTHING in our power to help them. We are working with 10 families right now but the most positive is Darlin and David! Okay this family is GOLDEN. They are a young couple and have 3 children. They are so in love and are looking for the truth. They are committed to be baptized but need to go to church. We did OUR EVERYTHING to take them to church this past week but it just didn’t happen. I KNOW with the members help we can take them next week. We would love your prayers so we can help them be baptized and start their new life in the True gospel. We are also working with Enrique and Alejandra and Victor and Maria. They are both really positive families that have so many questions. They are reading the Book of Mormon right now and I have all the confidence that the Spirit is going help them know that this is the truth.  We are also trying to reactive Eddy, Reina and then baptize their kids. They came to church this week (YAYA!!) and loved it. I know they can be an eternal family and we are so happy to continue helping them. We really are seeing miracles EVERY DAY! WE have several ppl that are progressing towards baptize but just need assistance with church members. Please pray that each and every one of them will commit to the Lord to keep His commandments and attend church. I know the Spirit will invite them to do it if we exercise the faith and pray for them daily.

We are working like crazies right now to help the sisters and take care of our area. We really can see how the Lord is helping us and guiding us every day. I know as we are obedient and do our part the Lord will show us the miracles. I love the mission and feel so blessed to be here EVERY DAY (even when I am melting).


Love,
Hermana Kendall

P.S. WE HAD A GIANT RAT in our house. I mean GIANT!!!!! It snuck in EVERY NIGHT and when we woke up in the morning we could see where it had been from its poop...NOO!!!!! Well one day when getting home from divisions we sat down to pray and all of a sudden saw the GIANT RAT RUN UP THE WALL!!!! I wish you could have seen our faces, pure TERROR!!! We were screaming bloody murder and Left RUNNING from our house. We ran to our neighbors and asked them to kill it. THEY DID EVERYTHING in their power to kill it but sadly it got away from them... NO! They gave us an OLD SCHOOL TRAP (wooden with cheese) and told us to put it out at night. Well we put it out and when we woke up the cheese was gone but the rat wasn’t there. Turns out IT IS A SMARTIE PANTS. Well we were not going to go one more minute with the nasty thing so we decided to put gummy worms in the trap and try it.........I left for Managua and anxiously awaited the call that night. FINALLY at 10pm my comp texted me and told me they had killed it!! WOOT!!!! We can now sleep in PEACE!......... well we thought so. Our neighbor told us this morning she saw another giant rat this morning. Please No!  We already put out the trap and poison. I'll let you know how it goes this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment