2.03.2014

9 Months Baby


Little Natalie's Baptism! She is the cutest! In the picture there is also Hermana Faustina. She is Natalie's Grandma, or mom really. She has been a member for 12 years. She is the sweetest! 


Today for pday we were able to go to the Mall here in Managua. We ended up running into a TON of Hermanas there. It was so fun to see them all. This is a pic of Hermana Wheat, Hermana Lagos and I! We were all in Matagalpa together and we were ALWAYS SINGING! So this is a pic of us pretending to be rock stars if you will. Hermana Lagos is in Puerto but had to come to Managua for a doctor’s appt. This is the first time I have seen her in about 6 months! She is AWESOME! 

9 MONTHS BABY!! Wow I can hardly believe that it has already been 9 months and I am officially half way through. WHAT THE!!? I seriously can't even explain how quickly the time flies by. Truth be told I was a little sad the day I completed 9 months. I am not ready to be halfway done. I still have so much to learn and so much to do! I feel very motivated to work with my everything in every moment!

This week has been pretty GREAT. One of the main reasons being that I got to do divisions in TIPITAPA!!! Ahh it seriously felt like going home. I felt like I was just with family there. We worked a lot with investigators that day but we were also able to visit some of my recent converts, Freddy and Fransisca, and a ton of the members at a Branch activity! It felt so good to be walking the streets of Tipitapa again. I love that area with all my heart. I think it will always have a little piece of me. It was great to see Freddy and the little nuggets again. They have been going through a lot of trials and it was awesome to pass by and excite them a little bit... I HOPE! He said he is excited to go to church this week and feel the spirit there. I was also able to visit Fransisca. I just love her. She is the definition of a sweet old grandma. She is in the process of changing houses but she said she will always stay firm in the church! I love them!!! That day there was an activity going on in the church and we were able to see and visit with a LOT of members, including Engel and Escarlet and all their kids, Bishop, Edger, Francis, Estefany.... just all the people I love and hold dear. It was incredible to see them all and feel their love. Tipitapa is so special and I am incredibly grateful I got the chance to be there for a short time. The only people I was sad I wasn’t able to see were Enrique and Corina. However, the reason I didn’t get to see them is because they were out and about visiting Investigators and Menos activos. THEY ARE SO PILAS!!! Hermana Moreno told me they are still preparing to go to the Temple and are as firm as could be in the church. As we were passing by the church in the afternoon, Hermana Fransis was standing outside of it waiting for someone to come unlock it so she could start cooking for the activity. We passed by so I could say hi and give her a quick hug. Fransis is the Mom of Juan, the last man we baptized in Tipitapa.  When she saw me she gave me a HUGE hug and said "Thank you so much for all you did for Juan. You changed his life. He is firm in the Church and always will be!" Ahh that was seriously the best thing I could ever hear. I love everyone there in Tipitapa and can’t WAIT for you guys to meet them some day! They have my HEART!!

This week here in La 14 has been great as well. We have seen many miracles and found a ton of new investigators. Saturday night we were able to see a real miracle, at about 7:30 we were searching for a house of one contact we had earlier on during the week. We were looking everywhere and asking every one for help. Sadly, nobody seemed to know the direction or where this family could possible live. At about 8 o clock we were about to give up and go visit someone else when an older couple heard us asking for help and came right up to us. Turns out they are members from a different ward but they know La 14 perfectly and were willing to help us. They led us to a street I didn’t even know EXISTED and told us where we could go from there. From that point we left to find the house and on the way found another family of SUPER positive investigators who after our short lesson with them helped us find the family we were really searching for. We FINALLY found the family and were able to share a VERY SPECIAL lesson with them. When we got there the dad was reading the pamphlet we had given them and their little son was making us a fresco. This family is so special and so prepared! I KNOW angels were helping us find their house that night and I can't wait to continue teaching them!

Sunday we were also able to see a sweet miracle with the baptism of little Natalie.  She is the sweetest little girl and LOVES the church. She really does know it is true and I am so grateful she was able to enter into that sacred covenant. Working with her has been awesome because we have also been able to teach her Grandma.  She really is her mom and they are the cutest little duo. They do everything together and are always giggling. Her Grandma is a member but has been inactive. Working with her and teaching her has been such a sweet experience. It is amazing to see how the Gospel being brought back into ones life softens them. She bore her testimony this Sunday and is determined to remain firm in the church for the rest of her life. I know they will see many blessings in their lives for their decision to be in the true church.

Missionary work is the best! I am so grateful for all the experiences I have had thus far and I am so excited for all the days ahead. I feel blessed to be a part of God´s army at this time and I am determined to fight with my everything. I know this is the true church with all my heart and what a blessing it is to share that knowledge with my brothers and sisters here in Nicaragua!

I love you all and miss you!!!
Love, Hermana Kendall

Quick shout out to all that sent me letters! I got your letter Grandma! THANK YOU!! YOU guys make my day with EVERY letter. Especially you Lauren!

Also to the ARAGONS!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE CHRISTMAS PACKAGE! I got it Tuesday this week and all the candy is already gone...haha what can you expect. My comp was obsessed with the Swedish fish ha. Thank you so much!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment