3.24.2014

I'm Melting

My comp and I went to Pizza Hut today to celebrate her 7 months mark!

My comp and I back together again after a long 4 days of divisions!

My hair trim! Haha you can't really tell in this picture BUT it isn't quite straight.... 
they gave it their best shot though ha

This is my district!  6 Hermanas and 2 Elders -  The Elders look terrified. Haha



Part of our zone today! We played ultimate frisbee at the church! And when I say we played I mean that they played and I cheered them on!

Hermana Gamboa and I during Divisions! She is AWESOME!

Hermana Teichert and I today at the church! LOVE HER!

So this week was CRAZY! It was also really special for me and I will never forget it.

So last Monday night we got a call from the 2 main Sister Training Leaders saying that this week we would be doing divisions, however not just the normal 24 hour division,  but divisions for 5 days!  I would be going with Hermana Raymond to her area and Hermana Cruz would be arriving at the 14 to work with Hermana Gonzales. What the!? I quickly started packing up a little suitcase and we prepared everything for the week. We were both a little nervous and didn’t really know what to expect but we were ready to learn, work and grow. Tuesday morning I headed out with Hermana Raymond and my sweet comp stayed in our beloved area. Hermana Raymond is an incredible missionary. I am so grateful I got to work with her for a day. I learned so much from her- how to teach with power and authority, how to follow the spirit in the moment and how to love everyone with whom we serve. What I loved about working with her was that she didn’t have to say much to get her point across, invite the spirit and teach a principle. Sometimes we get caught up in a lot of fluff and we waste time. She has a great way of teaching with clarity, love and power. It was such a blast teaching with her and spending the day together.

After my 24 hours with her, Hermana Raymond and I did divisions with some of the other Hermanas in her zone. I left with Hermana Mendez to her area and Hermana Raymond stayed in her area with Hermana Virula. Okay Hermana Mendez is the BEST! I only worked with her for 24 hours but I honestly love her. She is the sweetest, kindest, most loving missionary. She is a recent convert of 2 years. She left for the mission after being a member for 1 year and is the only member in her whole family. She is so valiant! She radiants with the light of Christ and has such a sincere sweet testimony. I LOVED teaching with her because I truly believed the words she was saying. Every time she bore her simple testimony I could feel such a sweet spirit and I know the ppl could as well. It was such a good reminder to me that we don’t need big extravagant words or profound teaching concepts. The spirit and a simple testimony can be one of the most powerful methods of helping someone become converted to the Gospel. We had a really special day together and I will never forget it.

After my 24 hours with Hermana Mendez, I met with Hermana Raymond for a couple hours and then we headed to divisions with two other sisters. I left with Hermana Gamboa to her area where we threw FIRE! Hermana Gamboa is AWESOME! Seriously I loved working with this girl. She has so much energy and excitement.  She is from Mexico and has such a fun way of teaching and contacting the ppl. She is constantly teasing and when she talks it almost comes out as a rap haha. It was so much fun teaching with her because she LOVES the message of the Restoration and teaches it very well. She is so friendly with everyone but also makes sure they understand that this is the Truth and there is no other baptism that will allow them to enter into Gods kingdom. We had a great time laughing and joking together. She is eager to learn and improve and soaks up all the advice she can get. She is a fantastic missionary and is going to grow a TON through out her mission!

I am so grateful I was able to participate in these divisions and learn from every one of the Hermanas. The Hermanas in this mission are so Special. I truly love them with all my heart and know they are going to see miracles over the rest of their missions. It is such a privilege to be able to work with them on a daily basis and feel the spirit together. I think I always learn more from them than I think they do from me. I am convinced I was given this calling so I could learn from all the incredible missionaries that are serving here in my beloved NICARAGUA!

So I didn’t have much time here in my area...just Saturday and Sunday. Oh and let me tell you it felt so good to come back. I missed my comp., La 14,  the members and investigators SO MUCH! It truly felt like coming home. Despite not being in my area this week we were able to see lots of miracles this Sunday. Jefferson, Pancrasio and Axel all accompanied us to church and LOVED IT! We are planning on baptizing all 3 of them this WEEK! I know if we give our all the Lord will help us to know what we must do to help them progress and be baptized.

It was truly a week of miracles and I can’t wait to see what this week has in store for us!

I love you all!!!

Love,
Hermana Kendall

P.S. It is almost General CONFERENCE!!! WOOHOO

P.S.S.  It is SO HOT! I always feel like I am melting!

No comments:

Post a Comment